Thursday 19 January 2012

Julia doesn't shave her box

After dropping off a middle age lady to the old Olims Hotel on Ainslie Avenue who was in Canberra for a bridge tournament, I got a message on the taxi computer that there were five taxis needed at the National Convention Centre.  I figured I could get there before all five showed up so sped on over there.  The night was mild, unlike most we've had in Canberra this year and fortunately for me there were still people waiting for taxis when I got there.  Four people walked quickly towards my taxi - an attractive blonde in her late twenties and three non descript males around the same age.  From their conversation about AMP and the share market I guessed they were financiers or from the financial industry.  They were quite chatty, probably induced by a couple of champagnes that they had after the conference.  As we crossed Kings Avenue bridge, an amusing exchange took place between one of the males, whom I'll call Steve, and the attractive blonde.

Blonde: I know you don't aree with Julia's [Gillard's] policies Steve.
Steve:  It's not that I don't agree with her policies.  She doesn't shave her box!
Blonde:  Women don't shave, they wax, or at least I do.
[I could feel the men sitting next to her getting slightly aroused at the thought of this blonde's naked naughtie]
Steve:  Well, she doesn't shave or wax.
Blonde:  And Steve, my beautician sometimes pours wax where it shouldn't go.
[Too much information! Ouch.  The thought of hot wax on the end of my pecker makes me squirm.]

There are a few points about this exchange.  Obviously Steve prefers a naked box to a natural one, but who really cares whether Julia Gillard shaves or waxes her box?  I am not sure whether it really impacts on the running of the country.  I can't see a headline in the Sydney Morning Herald exclaiming:  Julia shaves box, new streamlined policies ahead.  And for mine, I prefer a little bit of hair down there anyway; a nice map of tasmania or a landing strip.  Naked just reminds me of a little prepubescent girl.  It also reminds me of an amusing response I heard given from one female to her boyfriend after he asked her to shave it.  It went along the lines of 'You shave first, and then I will.'  Nice response.  The thought of having pubes removed from my sack makes me extremely scared - I would rather have a brown snake in front of me.

Next time:  Becoming a taxi driver

No comments:

Post a Comment